What an exciting week it has been!π We've completed the first week of first grade and my heart is so full!
Our first week was filled with new routines, new friendships, and lots of laughter. We've spent time getting to know one another, learning how our classroom works, practicing procedures, and learning the expectations.
One of my biggest goals for this year is to create a classroom where every student feels safe, loved, valued, and excited to learn. These first graders are curious, funny, energetic, creative, and very ready to learn!
Of course, the first week wasn't perfect- and it wasn't supposed to be! We practiced, we made mistakes, and we tried again- including myself!
I'm already so proud of these first graders and everything they've accomplished this first week! I can't wait to see how much they grow- not only academically but also in their confidence, independence, kindness, and love of God.
Next week, we will jump right into our learning. We will start reading, writing, math, and religion. Here's to the first of many weeks in first grade! I'm looking forward to an amazing year!π
- Ms. Stewart
No comments:
Post a Comment